Thursday, October 8, 2009

..:|:The Stanley Clarke Trio:|:..

"How do you make one jazz trio different from so many others? Have the diverse stylings of Stanley Clarke on bass, the experience of Lenny White on drums and the adventurous spirit of Hiromi on piano. The result is the Stanley Clarke Trio."
~Woodrow Wilkins

As a teenager I was inspired to take bass guitar lessons after listening to Stanley Clarke play the bass, often accompanied by Lenny White on the drums  [during their days together in "Return To Forever"]. About three years ago I came across Hiromi Uehara, she quickly became one of my favorite pianist. If you asked me who would be a part of my "dream team trio"... here it is, very real and and a musical gift for the jazz world and it's lovers!




The Stanley Clarke Trio with Hiromi & Lenny White - Jazz In The Garden [2008]

1. Paradigm Shift [Election Day 2008]
2. Sakura Sakura
3. Sicilian Blue
4. Take The Coltrane
5. 3 Wrong Notes
6. Someday My Prince Will Come
7. Isotope
8. Bass Folk Song No. 5&6
9. Global Tweak
10. Solar
11. Brain Training
12. Under The Bridge


No comments:

Post a Comment