Wednesday, September 16, 2009

..:|:Brittany Bosco:|:..

I was introduced to Brittany Bosco four days ago while visiting Blak's Lair [hands down my favorite music blog and a major inspiration for starting my own blog] in one of my never-ending searches for good music. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a music fiend. My Creative Zen is my American Express card, I never leave home without it. After listening to Brittany Bosco's album she became an instant resident in it's memory. I can only think of one word to define what I hear listening to her... "FUNKY". To understand what I mean you have to get past what commercial music classifies as funk and think of funk in the terms expressed by the original Funkmeister himself George Clinton, during an interview with William C. Leikam;

"Well, funk is anything you need it to be at any given time. It's something that saves your life, or it's an attitude, or it's that attitude that helps save your life when you feel like it's not worth it anymore. You get to a place where you just want to jump out the window. Funk is that comical voice that come to you and says, "Why brother, ain't anybody gonna miss you." It's an attitude. It's whatever it needs to be at any given time. That's the way I look at it. Funk is really all music. It's the attitude that helps people to change and do new music even though my bag might have been something else. It can be anything with that beat."

Her music embodies that definition, her voice is as comfortable singing the blues as it is wrapping itself around a jazz riff and gifting your eardrums. I started this network to help wean individuals off of the "formula", the cookie-cutter pablum that pervades the commercial radio stations, that they are calling music. I could not pick a better album to start off with, here is some real "soul food" for those with discriminating musical palates to digest. She is my new... Funk Queen Supreme, and it is my pleasure to invite you into her sound.

ENJOY





Brittany Bosco - Spectrum 2.0: The Re-Release [with previously unreleased tracks and new features]

1. Welcome to Funkyolon
2. Black Keys
3. 8-Track
4. Glitch
5. City of Nowhere
6. Blues for Blue
7. Billie's Song
8. It Was You
9. Black & White
10. Lovethang
11. It Was You Live (feat. Brandon Thomas)
12. Black&White Remix (feat. KidSyc)

Brittany Bosco - "Blues For Blue" and "Black and White"

No comments:

Post a Comment